Travel and Virtual Conference Awards
CVG travel funds for the current fiscal year (through June 2024) have been exhausted and we are not accepting applications for travel at this time. We will accept travel applications again in July 2024.
The Center for Vertebrate Genomics (CVG) is pleased to provide funding to support the travel of students, postdocs, research staff, and faculty to attend scientific conferences and to enroll in genomics-relevant specialized courses, training, or workshops outside of Cornell.
Standard travel award amounts are $800.
Virtual conference awards up to $400.
Please be aware that the CVG's travel awards budget will be apportioned per semester taking financial need into consideration. Requests for funding will be reviewed on an as-needed and first-come basis until semester funds are exhausted. We are delighted that this CVG program has become such a popular funding mechanism and will be seeking ways to extend the funding in the future. Applications must be submitted PRIOR to the date of travel, workshop, or virtual conference.
- The traveler must belong to a lab whose PI is an active CVG faculty member.
- Travel awards require PI approval.
- There is a limit of two travel awards per PI lab per fiscal year. (You are welcome to contact Charlotte, firstname.lastname@example.org, to confirm your lab's current eligibility.)
To request funding, please send an email (include traveler's name in the subject line) with the following information to Charlotte Williams (email@example.com), and CC the traveler's PI.
- Traveler's name, traveler's position, PI's name
- Dates, location, and title of the conference/workshop
- Financial need: Briefly explain the need for funding.
- Travel Purpose: Briefly describe the importance of the meeting for your research, professional advancement, or training in vertebrate genomics. Clear genomic relevance is required.
- If a presentation will be given, indicate the type (poster or talk)
- Estimated travel costs (transportation, registration, lodging etc)
- Traveler's last conference attended (title and date)
The traveler's PI should reply to the email submission with their approval of the application.
Notification of Award Status
Applicants will be notified approximately one week after application submission.