Cornell faculty are invited to join the Center for Vertebrate Genomics(CVG) and to participate actively as members. Faculty members of the CVG are expected to have strong or developing research programs in vertebrate genomics and actively engage the missions of the CVG. Faculty interested in genetics, genomics and/or genome-scale analyses (proteomics, metabolomics, etc) are encouraged to join. Members in good standing are expected to attend regularly, with their students and fellows, the CVG-sponsored seminars, retreats and journal clubs; participate actively in teaching and/or research initiatives and assist in the development, preparation and submission of extramurally-funded training grants, equipment grants, core center grants and program project grants. All members of the CVG in good standing are eligible to compete for Center resources including graduate and postdoctoral fellowships, travel funds and research grants.
We hope that all Cornell faculty with research programs that focus on some aspect of vertebrate genomics, or who conduct research or activities in areas that have the potential to interface with vertebrate genomics, will consider membership in the Cornell CVG and assist in the establishment and growth of this exciting initiative. If you would like to join or obtain additional information, please send an email to Charlotte Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your contact information (office address, phone, email, and website url)
- A short statement (150 word limit) on the manner in which your work involves or relates to genetics, genomics, and/or genome-scale analyses (proteomics, metabolomics, etc) in vertebrates.
- A one or two line description of your research (35 word limit), which will be used for our member directory.
- A copy of your CV
- Please indicate if you are either a tenure track faculty member, or hold an academic title such as Research Professor that qualifies you to apply independently for external funding.
- Optional: Names and email addresses for the members of your lab who you would like added to our notification email list.